REVIEW: Sally Hansen "Airbrush Legs" Leg Make Up


Sally Hansen's "Airbrush Legs"
4/5 

Sidenote: Initially, I bought this product because there was a virtual VoxBox on Influenster for it. There was an email sent out saying that everyone who completed it would receive a free product from Sally Hansen. I can only assume that there were limited quantities because I realized shortly after I purchased this and tried it out that the campaign was no longer going on. I was a little grumpy but hey, I'll probably get good use out of it. 

Pick it up for roughly $12 at your local store! (target, walmart, cvs, walgreens, and amazon all carry this product!)

I rated this a 4 out of 5. Why? Well, let me tell you, my dear friends. And allow me to be specific, I bought the leg make up lotion? I'm not sure the specific name of it. There is quite a variety of different types. There is a spray (which I remember trying nearly 4 or 5 years ago with no avail), the lotion, and a gradual tanning lotion. Therefore, I opted for the regular make up lotion. I have to say: I like the lotion a million times better than the spray. It is cleaner, look-wise and feel-wise. I picked up the "fairest" shade, which is new and thank god for that. I am as pale as a ghost. My complaint: The fairest isn't fair enough!! I can pull it off, sure, but for the first hour, I was nervous that my legs looked orange. I eventually got used to it and decided that it probably wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be. I also desperately wish it wasn't so freaking expensive. I consider this a luxury item and not anywhere close to necessary unless I'm going on a date and I want to flaunt my legs.  

RESULTS!
My experience: I am self conscience about my legs because I have eczema and my legs have always been unbelievably dry and itchy. I decided to be bold and wear shorts to work, so I put this on before heading out. My car doesn't have AC, so I was driving in 95 F degree weather and I was surprised to see that the make up wasn't streaky by the time I arrived. Major bonus points for that. By the time I got home 5 hours later, I was still happy with how my legs looked. I was actually expecting the make up to have worn off by then. You could really probably wear this to the club without it wearing off much! This is probably what makes this different from just applying regular "face" make up to your legs. It's up to you if that's worth the buy or not! 


Pros: It is indeed water resistant (such as with sweat) once it has dried and set on your legs, it is subtly effective, nicely covers minor blemishes and marks on legs, stays put for hours

Cons: Price, needs more variety of shades

Have any extra questions or comments about this leg make up? Let me know below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.