BOXYCHARM August 2015 ~ Products + Reviews

BOXYCHARM August 2015 Overview
Gorgeous Globetrotter

I must admit, I was quite impressed with my first BoxyCharm! Although, I knew exactly what was inside of it since I subscribed after watching many YouTube videos of the unboxings of this very box. I should be receiving the September Box in a matter of days, so I hope to be just as pleased! I am seriously looking forward to having some fall make up, so I hope to be seeing some of that in the boxes of the coming months. Subscriptions are $21/month for 5 products (usually full size)! Now onto the products!

Inside the box~
Nios Shield Leave-In Conditioner ($26)
Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eye Shadow Palette  (sale $19.95)
MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner ($35)
Seta Eyeliner Brush ($16)
So Susan Highlighting Crayon ($20)
Total Value: $116.95

Nios Shield Leave-In Conditioner (4 fl. oz)~
Coupon for $5 off your order @ www.niosshield.com: BOXYCHARM (valid until 12/30/15)

Claims: Frizz Control, Sunburn Shield, Hair Color & Texture Protection.
This leave-in conditioner has Moroccan Argan Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, and has SPF 15!
For those of you who are cautious about what's in your products, this company is a winner. NO sulfates, phthalates, synthetic dyes, nano-particles, parabens, or PABA. It is also never tested on animals. 

The beauty of this item is that it is more than just your typical leave-in conditioner! In addition to moisturizing and softening your hair, it also protects your scalp from the sun! No more scalp sunburns :)
This was easily my favorite item in the box because my hair is so long and damaged that I am crazy about hair products. My hair definitely feels much softer after applying this after a shower. I do not typically purchase such pricey products, but this is one I would certainly consider buying when I run out. I can definitely vouch that it does indeed help control frizz.
Purchase yours here!

Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eye Shadow Palette (20 shades)~

I have sadly drifted from the use of eye shadow over the past years. Likely because my boyfriend liked how I looked with less make up, so I stopped worrying about it and stopped cring so much about how other guys saw me. It also makes my morning routine quicker. Of course, I will wear it for an event or special occasion, but those come once in a blue moon. I definitely am using this palette as an excuse to try to bring eye shadow back into my routine. Like some have mentioned, these are not as neutral as the past palettes and have more pink and purple shades. Both matte and shimmery. I think these colors are great as we ease into the fall season. 
Paraben free :)
Purchase yours here!

MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner (0.1 oz)~

I was instantly impressed with the quality of the gel. I had started using the Revlon Gel Eyeliner and was content with it, but it is no where as soft. The staying power is also much better with MicaBeauty. I would describe the texture as almost like a mousse. It stays on all day and I haven't has any problems with smudges. I use this product almost daily. A little goes a long way, so I know I can make this last for many, many months. Would I pay $35 to purchase this again? No. I am way too cheap for that. I have no problem with using my drug store eyeliner with the drug store prices. The difference isn't enough for my to consider it worth it. Although, I am very happy to have received this in my box! The price itself is way above the price I paid for the box! Definitely a steal!
Purchase yours here!

Seta Eyeliner Brush~

I am not huge on the use of make up brushes, but this is certainly a must with the gel eyeliner! I am a huge fan of the size of the brush tip. The perfect size for making precise lines on your eyelid. I use this brush every time I use my MicaBeauty eyeliner and I always seem to be impressed with the thinness of the line it creates. It isn't too floppy and not so firm that it hurts to apply the eyeliner. I am sure I will use this until it renders itself useless. 
Purchase yours here!

So Susan Highlighting Crayon (0.06 oz)~

Powered by organic chia seed and silk peptide! Cruelty Free!
NO mineral oils, phthalates, or parabens! 
The packaging of this product is probably the most beautiful in the box! I wanted to love this product so much. It has great ingredients. But in many videos that I watched, this product arrived broken. Luckily, mine was very much in tact. Unfortunately, I was no wild about the power of this product! It is possible that I was just no using the product correctly, because I am not one to use highlights on my face (although I probably seriously need to). I will practice my skills and watch videos and will let you know if I change my mind about the product! It does look beautiful on my hand. 
Purchase yours here!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.