ShipRobot, ShipStation, & Express1 Shipping

 Okay, I know this is kind of outside my blogging realm, but I felt that this is a post that is deeply needed on the internet. If I can't find a decent blog/review over a website then I feel that it must be done! I had recently browsed around the Storevny site. I don't plan on using it, I am quite happy with my Etsy store, but I saw some applications and websites that are compatible with Storenvy. So I figure they are likely to be compatible with Etsy as well. The first website I checked out was ShipRobot. I have no experience with ShipStation, but through my research, I have found that both use the third party "Express1" for their USPS shipping. At least, that is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong). I decided to open a FREE account with ShipRobot. They have multiple options, but since my Etsy isn't booming, the free option would be just fine, at least to start out with. Both come with a free trial, although ShipRobot's is 14 days and ShipStation's is 30 days. 
ShipRobot.com Pricing
ShipStation.com Pricing
ShipStation's interface is much more advanced and aesthetically pleasing. This is no surprise because it is also much more popular. ShipRobot almost looks like it is still in a beta phase. ShipRobot still has many options and is pretty basic and not too difficult to understand. With a free plan, I can't really complain. It does the job and I get a good price for USPS postage. ShipStation gives you the option of both Express1 and Stamps. I have never tried Stamps. I'm a cheapo, but it is something I have thought about. If I ever end up signing up for the free trial, I will absolutely compare Stamps and Express1.
ShipStation's Interface
ShipRobot's Interface
So let's talk about Express1. I just used it for one of my orders that I will be shipping out tomorrow and the discount was amazing! I'm obsessed with the savings. I typically use a Flat Rate Padded Envelope to ship out small orders of clothes. The padded envelope is typically $5.70 through Etsy or USPS online. With Express1, it drops it to $5.35. Although I haven't tried it, it advertises free carrier pick up, free shipping supplies such as tape, labels, and international mailing products. The only downside is that it only provides for Domestic Priority and Express mail. Although, International First Class is available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.