Alba Botanica Facial Wash and Mask Review


About a week ago, my face started breaking out to a level I haven't seen in over a year, so I went to target on a hunt for a facial mask to help calm my skin. While I was there I came across the Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash and the Alba Botanica Even Advanced Deep Sea Facial Mask. I have been using the wash day and night for the past 5 days and I used the facial mask once about 4 days ago. I was really excited, especially about the wash because when I looked it up, there seemed to be pretty good reviews about it.

Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash: 4/5
When I first started using this, my problem areas were my temples and chin. I had some cystic acne starting to pop up on my chin and I wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible. It's summer and I don't want to feel self conscience walking around in public with minimal make up. This cleanser has given me great results. After the first few uses, the acne on my temples shrunk and are now just acne marks that are already starting to fade. Unfortunately, after using this, the acne on my chin got worse. I believe it could very much just been a purging process since now, it has shrunken down very quickly and the marks are actually already starting to fade! I was nervous about it, but I promised myself I would give the product a week before I did a review. Some people don't like the smell, but I love it! I would compare it to a lemon smell. The product is clear and liquid-y. If you have seen the L'Oreal 360 Clean Cleanser, I use the scrubby from that and pour a nickel size amount of the product onto it and run into my face. I can't give this a a point off because of a possible purging process or just because my hormones my be out of whack (menstrual cycle soon) but looking this up on GoodGuide.com, the health is a 4.2/10. This product does contain one ingredient of medium health concern and 6 of low health concern. The main one being Limonene, which is suspected of causing immunotoxicity. For a full review of all the ingredients go to:

Overall, this product has definitely been effective for me just over the past 5 days, but if you are looking for a product with a high health score, this product may not be for you.


Even Advanced Deep Sea Facial Mask: 3/5
Although I have only used this product once, I cannot say I have any complaints. I am actually excited to try out this product again. I did not notice a more even tone of my skin, but it is probable that with more uses, it would be more noticeable. This product has a 4.2/10 rating as well, and I must say that the ingredient list is quite extensive. I am a big fan of facial masks and I have quite a collection and I would say this would be my second favorite. My first choice being Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox. My face did feel much cleaner after taking it off and left no residue and didn't break me out. The product is thick and white and washes off easily. Again, this product does contain some health concerning ingredients. For a full list of ingredients and their scores, check the following websites.

Overall, it isn't a bad product. I wouldn't exactly recommend this, since I do know some better masks available and I'm not raving about it, but I will definitely continue to use this, especially since I bought it at a steep price for a department store mask at something like $9-10. I wish I could find the receipt for you guys to give you a more accurate price. I will continue to use it, but I won't be buying it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.