Tips for Clearing Acne Breakouts

Photo Credit: salvahealth.com

Lately, my skin has been acting up, mostly due to the fact that I will be starting my cycle soon. Breakouts can happen for a number of reasons and are never welcome. I have tried different department washes, creams, gels, and not much of it has made a huge difference. My main problem is cystic acne and over time, I feel like I have been able to shorten their lifespan on my face from a week or two to sometimes just a few days. Lately, since my breakout had taken a turn for the worse, I started trying some new things and have noticed a huge improvement in not only my acne but my skin overall.
I do note that not everything works the same for everyone, but I'm sure these things will at least make somewhat of a difference. This is without the use of or promotion of any kind of acne creams, gels, or face washes. 

 Go bare.
    Minimize the amount of make up you are wearing on a daily basis. I know it can be uncomfortable walking out in public and not looking as attractive as usual, but think about the places you are going? The grocery store? Gas station? Book store? As much as us girls love feeling confident and proud of how we look, I have found out that the longer I go without make up, the more comfortable I get with it and the weirder I feel like I look WITH make up. It's incredible. I dare you to go at least a few days without it. Only make exceptions if you are going out on a date or going out with friends. Watch the positive transformation of skin and confidence!

 Lace up those running shoes.
    Exercise for at least 20 minutes of your day. Go on a run or walk. Ride your bike. Visit the gym. Do a workout video. There are tons of options and it is such a small portion of your day. Getting your heart rate up moves the blood throughout your body much quicker than normal, flushing out toxins and also reducing redness. It may even give make you look much more lively! Make sure to wash your face afterwards; you don't want that sweat sitting on your face, causing more acne. Not only will you see a difference in your face, but maybe even your body. Knock out two birds with one stone!

 Pass on the fast food.
    Some people say what food you eat can make a difference in your skin. My mom has told me this many times and have even sometimes doubted it, especially after all those commercials you see saying that acne is biological. Although I do believe that you can be born with getting clear skin or acne prone skin, I also believe that if your diet contains a lot of junk food such as soda, candy, or a regular fast food run, your skin can suffer. Try to eat clean as often as you can. I have eaten at home almost all summer, eating out MAYBE once or twice a week and not often is it fast food. Try some healthy swaps, your skin may thank you.

 Keep those bed sheets clean. 
    I would suggest changing them out 2-4 times a month to keep them at the optimum cleanliness. You sleep on those pillows every night for many hours, possibly rubbing your face all over them or sweating.. it's gross but it happens and people don't always think of this. Sometimes I get acne on my temples and the first thought is that I need to change my sheets. 

 3 words: Tea Tree Oil
    If you already have dry skin, I do not recommend this regiment. I have been using 100% tea tree oil and aloe vera on my face every morning and night. Dime size squeeze of aloe vera and 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. I wouldn't recommend this specific amount for everybody though. Tea Tree Oil can be VERY drying, especially if it is used alone. Do not put it all over your face without diluting it. If you are going to use it alone, use it for a spot treatment. The scent is strong and tends to make my eyes water, but I have found it to be very effective. I would start out using it maybe every other day and see how your skin reacts to it, since it will be different for everybody. I used to only use it when needed, but I started to like how clean it made my face feel. Use this after you have done your regular morning or night regime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.