Barefaced Mud Mask Review

Barefaced Mud Mask Review
3.5 out of 5

A few weeks ago, I received my Barefaced Mud Mask. I was just searching around on Amazon for a new mask to try out since my face had reached a new level of bad and this was one of the first products I came across (even though I was looking more specifically for the Aztec mask). It had good ratings, it was on a price cut, and the ingredients seemed rather natural, so why not try it out? This will be the third time I have used this mask, so it has been used about once a week since I have gotten it. 
My skin type is sensitive/combination
My acne is slight to mild. 

First off, some information about the Barefaced Mud Mask..
Current Amazon price: $29.99 (full price is $44.99)

Ingredients: Dead sea mud, Organic shea butter, Hickory bark extract, Organic sunflower oil, Organic aloe vera juice, Water, Organic vegetable glycerin, Organic grapefruit & mint essential oil, Organic eucalyptus essential oil, Kaolin clay, Non GMO xanthan gum, Organic jojoba oil, Organic calendula oil. 

Directions: With clean, dry hands, apply the mask to a cleansed face and massage gently, avoiding the eye and lip area. Leave on for 10 minutes, rince thoroughly with warm water and pat dry. For best results, use no more than twice a week.

Claims: Anti-aging, relief from acne, blackheads, and spot prone skin, for all skin types

Now onto the fun, reviewing part!
 This product was not exactly what I was expecting. I have had dead sea mud masks before but they are not comparable. This mask has a very slimy texture, which I have not experienced with a facial mask before. It also has an exfoliating component, where it has some natural(?) exfoliating beads, probably from the mud. I can't say that I prefer that to the typical facial mask, but it does help the application to be smooth and not quite as messy or wasteful. I only have to wash off a very small amount from my hands after the application. The scent is a rather strong piney/minty smell. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't smell natural to me. It can be off-putting to some people, and if you have done your research on this product, I'm sure you know that. 
It dries very quickly. It suggests to leave it on for 10 minutes, but I only really need about 5 minutes before I start worrying that it is going to dry out my face. Personally, this mask tingles my face when I use it (and especially when I wash it off) and I am not sure how normal this is. When I first tried it out with my boyfriend, he did not have the same sensation at all. It worried me at first because I thought I might have been getting an allergic reaction, but my face turned out just fine. I have sensitive skin, so I can't say that they hold up to the "for all skin types" claim. I have also been having dry patches around my lips (cursed winter weather) and after I washed off the mask, the skin by the corners of my lips were unbelievably red; I probably looked a bit clownish. I was worried that it meant it was going to dry out even more, which would be a complete nightmare, but I'm starting to believe that it will still be the same amount of dry it was before the mask. It did leave my face looking a bit reddish, but any typical mask does for me. It fades after a few minutes. 

Since I have been using it, I haven't really seen much of a difference in my skin. The acne or blackheads didn't go away any faster. My skin didn't necessarily feel much softer. I don't think my skin looks any younger. I can't say this product really does too much for me, unfortunately. I'm sure it works great for many skin types, but it just doesn't do anything magical for me. 
This company bribes you to review them a 5-star with a whole new jar of this mask for free once you have posted the 5-star review and fill out the questionnaire. It is actually pretty ingenious of them. 
I will probably not be purchasing this product again, but I will probably continue to use it until it expires or runs out. 

BASICALLY:
If you have dry or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product. It has a strong smell and leaves my skin feeling tingly (in not necessarily a good clean feeling). I haven't seen much difference in my skin since this product, but at least it hasn't made it any worse. I have used many other masks half the price and I have had great experiences with. It may be mostly natural, but I would rather be spending money on something that is effective. 

**I bought this product on my own and am not receiving any compensation. Nor am not required to post a review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.