My Past Month

Photo Credit: boysbeforebusiness.com

I am so sorry for my absence. I have missed posting so much, but there has been quite a bit going on in my personal life. I have visited my boyfriend in Georgia, I took a family vacation to Orlando, my boyfriend just left yesterday from spending a week with me, and all in between that, my relationship has been on the rocks here and there. I have had ideas floating around in my brain about what posts I could do, so hopefully I can try to do as many as possible before school starts up.

My Georgia Trip 
I had an amazing time in Georgia with my boyfriend. He was working almost everyday I was there, but I didn't mind it too much. He lives with most of his family and that was honestly the most intimidating thing. They treated me nicely for the most part, I just didn't exactly feel like they wanted me around. It might just be because they are nothing like my family and I'm not used to it. Other than me staying up in his room for 4-5 hours a day alone, watching Gossip Girl and playing Sudoku, I had a pretty fun time! We went to Atlantic Station and walked around, looking in stores, trying to find the worst piece of clothing they own and then we went to see Monsters University. It was super adorable and definitely fun for all ages. We also went to different malls, the thrift store, Olympic Park, The Georgia Aquarium, and Stone Mountain. When we went downtown to Olympic Park, we also just walked around the area and stumbled across this sweet homeless man, Ricky, who walked around with us for a bit, getting to know us and us to him. He had a Moe's bag with mini flowers he was giving away to pedestrians. He gave one to my boyfriend to give to me. I honestly got a bit nervous, thinking that this man was about to offer him drugs. He gave us some beautiful advice and I still have his flower to this day. My boyfriend ended up giving him the rest of the cash in his wallet, it was so sweet. For Stone Mountain, I had forgotten to bring my tennis shoes, and we had to go out and buy me some. It was really sweet of him to do that, in my opinion. They weren't top dollar or anything, but I wanted some pink Nike's and that's what I got. I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend who wants to give me things and is willing to pay for airfare. It was actually my first time meeting him and it was amazing. I cried so much when it was time for me to leave. I spent all week with this guy and I loved him even more after. I missed him like crazy.

Orlando
The trip to Orlando that was our family vacation was originally for my brother's basketball tournament for the AAU Nationals at the ESPN Center at Disney. That alone sounds like it's going to be a tense vacation, and trust me, it was. My brother had at least one game everyday and we would have to revolve our day around it. My sister and I wanted to go shopping at the outlets and actually be able to rest some, since we had to be up at the ass crack of dawn almost every single day. Orlando had terrible cell service (at least it does on AT&T) and that really made things difficult with my boyfriend and I trying to talk on the phone. Eventually, he suggested we just use the Skype calling feature since I had decent WiFi at the rental house and that worked great. I had visited a Publix when I was in Georgia, so I was excited to be able to visit some in Florida. My state doesn't have that grocery store. My sister complained maybe more than half the time we were there and it rains, like, everyday. We were actually able to visit Universal Studios and I actually had a really good time there. I am not one for rides, but the Simulator Rides were great! We waited forever in the Despicable Me line, but it was amazing, although it doesn't beat the Harry Potter ride. The place is filled with super cute things, but by the end of the day I was exhausted. Orlando is not a place I plan to visit again, to be honest. Florida is not one of my favorite states. 

My Boyfriend's Visit
So, my boyfriend just left my house yesterday to go back home. Overall, his visit didn't go quite as smoothly as it did when I went to visit him. I think I got upset with him and cried 3 times out of the 9 days he was here. I used to bottle everything in, but he has gotten me to the point where I just can't anymore because he can always tell when something is wrong anyway. He encourages me to tell him everything when I get upset because more often than not it's just a misunderstanding. We went to the art museum, the zoo, to dinner with my best friend, church, bowling, and the movies. We did a lot and we actually had tons of fun at the zoo. It was dollar day, so it was also packed, but we woke up early and made some snacks to bring with us. We saw the giraffes, the alligator snapped at us, and there were so many cute little animals, I wanted to cuddle them all. Unfortunately, I literally thought I was going to run out of gas on our way back home and he really had to keep me calm. He was a sweetheart and payed for my full tank of gas. We also went to visit my college because I had to get a new ID card since I lost mine at the end of last semester. He stayed in my brother's room and I actually wasn't allowed to sleep in the same bed as him, but I did every night anyway. The one night I actually wasn't going to, I fell asleep and we took a 3 hour nap until 4am. He definitely saw me in all my weirdness this past week, but that's okay. He let me draw stupid stuff all over his arms and we watched lots of TV and played Apples to Apples and ate tons of ice cream and sorbet. He gave me his Braves shirt that he brought me and I don't even know if I can bring myself to wash it because it smells so much like him. I miss him so much. Just today we've talked for probably 4 hours. I have also found out that his ex has creeped on my tumblr more than once. I don't mind it or anything, I just think it's funny. I love it when girls creep on me because I have had some kind of affiliation with a guy they like. Like, you're not fooling anybody. 

Currently
I am obsessed with:
*Bakery Story
*Burt's Bees Soothing Lip Balm
*Catfish the TV Show
*My Boyfriend's T-Shirt
*Baking food
*Getting ready for Sophomore year of College
*My little sister's new kitten, Sophie AKA Little
*School Shopping 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

My name is Madison. I am here to review products, give you tips, and give you a peek of my personal life.